Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thanksgiving with an Organic Bird!






For the first time, we had Thanksgiving at our house. I was so excited to have my in-laws over and cook for them. This was also my first time to cook the Thanksgiving dinner. We had turkey, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, brussel sprouts and corn bread dressing. I have to give props to the Germantown Commissary as I didn't make the cornbread dressing, but that was the only thing I didn't make. It actually all turned out very well and I was able to keep it all warm before serving. I used a couple of styrofoam coolers to keep the sweet potatoes and dressing warm while keeping the mashed potatoes and the green bean casserole in crock pots. Thankfully I have two. The lead in the meal, Bob the Turkey, turned out perfectly. The night before Thanksgiving, I prepared a sage butter and rubbed him all over as well as stuffed him with a lemon, onion and some fresh sage. The pics I have attached are not the best pics. After I started carving Bob, I realized I forgot to take a pic, so I was off running to grab the camera, take some pics of the food and the table all while getting everyone seated. It was so much fun and I can't wait to do it again.


1 comment:

  1. props to you! looks wonderful! I will have to get your recipes :) Excited to see you and meeet you on NYE!

    ReplyDelete