Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Burlap Door Hanger - Burlee




I couldn't stop with the Thanksgiving Burlap door hanger, I had to try to make a better one for Christmas. This time I used fabric glue instead of the hot glue gun (still not sure which one I like best) and I stuffed it with stuffing instead of the grocery bags. I think it is stuffed too much. Next time I may use the grocery bags again. As I was researching on the internet how other's made burlees, I came across using Elmer's glue to coat the outside once all of the painting was done, but was talking with a fellow burlee maker recently, and she used clear varnish on hers. I will have to try that next time. The elmer's glue took a while to apply and forever to dry. All in all, it was fun, cheap and I think looks pretty cute on the door. Now thinking about what I want on the door next. Should I do one for New Year's? Could be fun. Give me some ideas on what to do for a New Years door hanger.

1 comment: