Saturday, October 22, 2011

Didn't Buy a Cow, But Bought a Turkey

A few weeks ago, I blogged about buying a 1/4 of a cow.  Well, we have yet to decide if we want to do so, but I did buy a turkey for Thanksgiving.  I purchased the turkey, which is still gobbling around on the farm, from West Wind Farms, http://www.grassorganic.com .  I am super excited about this bird.  It will be processed the Friday a.m. before Thanksgiving and I pick it up on Saturday.  Did I mention it is ORGANIC?  I know I am paying more, ok, a lot more for this bird, but I wanted to try something different.  This will be the first time having our family at our house for Thanksgiving, so I wanted to do something special and supporting a local farmer couldn't hurt.  I am still researching buying food from local farmers and found a local restaurant which prepares food brought in by local farmers.  Can't wait to try this restaurant out.  It is the Trolley Stop Market on Madison, http://www.trolleystopmarket.blogspot.com .  I think little K and I will have to have a lunch date there next week.  Anyway, back to the bird.  I have only cooked a whole turkey one other time, so I hope I don't let it overcook.  Guess I will need to begin researching how to prepare turkey's in the meantime. 

2 comments: