Monday, September 12, 2011

A Day of Cooking

Sometimes when the hubby is home on Sunday's and able to take care of little K, I take the opportunity to cook new recipes.  Today I tried one out that I watched Sunny Anderson (chef on Food Network) make.  It looked so yummy and it actually turned out to be too.   I never know how the outcome will be, but I was pleasantly surprised with this doughy sweetness and so was the hubby.  I will not be giving to little K.  I am still waiting to expose her to sugar...ha ha, we will see how long that lasts.  Chef Sunny, called them Chinese Doughnuts because she watched the cook at a Chinese restaurant make these.  I haven't come up with a cutsie name yet for them, but they are delish.  Here is the recipe.  So easy, so yummy and yes, so fattening.  Guess I will have to work harder at the gym this week.  Any suggestions for a name?  I don't want to call them cinnamon/sugar doughnuts...that's too boring.



No -named Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 1 package of canned biscuits
  • 1 1/2 cups of sugar
  • 3 tbsp of cinnamon or a little more for your liking
  • Canola Oil or Vegetable Oil for frying
  • 1 lemon or orange (for zest)

Directions:

  • Heat enough oil for frying (heat to about 350 degrees F)
  • Cut each sliced biscuit into fours
  • Roll each fourth into a little ball
  • In a separate bowl mix sugar, cinnamon and some zest of a lemon or orange
  • When the oil is ready, place the balls into the oil.  They will fry up pretty quickly, keep turning them until done and then pull out and place on paper towels to drain excess oil
  • Place sugar mixture into ziploc bag,then place balls into and close
  • shake it all up to cover the sugar mixture over the balls

Since football season is underway, most of my time will be spent in the kitchen on Sunday's.  We decided to have a friend over to drink beer and watch the football games, therefore reason I made above new recipe.  In just a couple of hours I will be making a Mexican Lasagna.  I will post pic and recipe later.  Hope you all are enjoying your Sunday and taking time to remember those that lost their lives 10 years ago.   



No comments:

Post a Comment